Monday 22 February 2010

Spring cards!!

Morning all, I cant quite believe that we're back to Monday morning again so soon, where are the weeks (and more importantly the weekends) going?  I spent Saturday in fancy London town to meet my friend, but unfortunately engineering works on the tube screwed it up and I missed meeting her.  Darren thought it great though as he got to go to Farlows on Pall Mall (the only fishing supplier with a Royal Warrant) and gaze at his equivalent of pretty things.  Given that it was cold and snowy outside yesterday I snuggled down in my craft room and got creating, the first card is a birthday card for Darren's grandad whose birthday is in March - I know, a masculine card, early?!!  I've used the spring fold technique, along with the colour scheme specified in this month's design team challenge over on In Love With Stamping - old olive, bordering blue, close to cocoa and whisper white.    

I also had a comission to make a 40th Birthday Card, I'd been stroking my Bella Bleu papers for a while and decided it was time to cut into them.  I used the colours in the papers to define the card colours.  The '40' is cut using my CraftROBO, other than that it's stamping and cutting with my guilotine and nestabilities. 
Recipes:
Spring Tree - Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Upsy Daisy Sentiment (Stampin Up!) Vintage Labels (PTI)
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Bordering Blue, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Bordering Blue, Old Olive (SU!)
Other: Old Olive DSP, labels 1 nestabilities, green brads from stash, oval & scalloped oval punches (SU!)

Bella Bleu Birthday- Stamps: Frames with a Flourish, Sincere Salutations (SU!)
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Other: Bella Bleu DSP , Kraft Tafetta Ribbon, Filigree Designer Brad - (all SU!) square nestabilities, corner rounder punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, CraftROBO
 

I've got a couple more creations to share, but didn't get chance to photograph them last night - so I'll hopefully post them later this week.  Until then - have fun!

Linz

1 comment:

  1. Love the spring fold card- the colour combo is beautiful (and the way you've done it!)

    ReplyDelete