Thursday 26 May 2011

Strength & Hope - time out with friends

Blimey, it’s nearly the end of the week already! I’m in the midst of preparing my class for this weekend, but I thought I’d pop by in the meantime and share a project that I made this weekend, when my lovely friend and fellow demonstrator Val came over for some inky playtime - we had a fab time nattering and crafting.

She brought with her some plain white frames from IKEA, and challenged me to work outside of my comfort zone with the ‘Strength & Hope’ charity stamp set. Now, if you visit me reasonably regularly, you’ll know I'm not really a ‘vintage’ or ‘distressed’ kind of girl, but I broke out my distressing kit, and my neutral ink pads, and here are the results….
strength_hope
It’s a mix of soft suede, crumb cake, early espresso and pretty in pink inks with a piece of pretty in pink satin ribbon. I’m in the process of planning an event for later in the summer, which will feature this stamp set and all proceeds will go to the local breast cancer unit. If you fancy joining in, then watch this space as details will be appearing in the next few weeks. who knows, this frame may yet make a reappearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment