Friday 11 November 2011

only me…..

Hey folks, well I’ve finally escaped! that mountain of junk has been moved and sorted and I found the room hiding underneath it! I have a couple more bits to put away and then I’ll take some piccies to prove that I haven't just pushed it to one side of the room and ignored it.

In the meantime I’ve been a busy busy bee preparing swaps and card candy for THE event in the Stampin’ Up! year - convention, which is next week in Disneyland Paris!!!! this time next week we’ll be there, getting ready for the awards dinner. Miraculously I have finished my swaps and card candy, and my roommate gift is in hand, so I’m now feeling somewhat chilled, just wondering what I’ve forgotten to do!! I realised that I never shared any of the cards which we made in my recent ‘Christmas Club’ marathon. Over two days we made 50 cards each, 5 each of 10 designs. there were a minimum of 9 ladies on each day, which meant a heck of a lot of prep last month, believe me!! so here’s the first card, a simple design using Serene Snowflakes in a colour combination of Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Whisper White. the sentiment is heat embossed in white, and some of the snowflakes have been stamped in frost shimmer paint to add a glistening effect.

christmasclub2

The second used the Season of Joy stamp set, with the now retired Jolly Holiday DSP in a twisted easel card – the poinsettia is stamped, cut out and used to create a latch for the easel.

christmasclub1

And finally for today, a centre stair fold card in Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy featuring Winter Post, Lovely as a Tree and Heard From the Heart stamp sets.

christmasclub3

Please excuse the lighting in the photos – would you believe that it’s practically twilight at 3pm now? I’m hoping to finish the design of my final class of the year tomorrow, which uses the Tags ‘til Christmas stamp set, so sneak peeks should follow early next week. I’ll pop back tomorrow with more of the samples from Christmas Club.

Have a fantastic evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment