Monday 18 April 2011

Baby Blossoms

Morning Folks
can anyone tell me where the weekend went please? I cant quite believe it's Monday again and we're racing towards the end of April.I had a fabulous day on Saturday, firstly with my class of lovely ladies, who were making the AR designs Haute Tote and coordinating notecards using the Springtime Vintage Suite from the new mini catalogue.
The notecards were made using the one-sheet wonder technique. the baby blossoms stamps were used to create an A5 sheet of custom designer paper, which was then cut into panels and used to decorate the card.the eagle-eyed of you may have spotted a new border on the front not-quite navy notecard - is it a new punch I hear you ask? Nope - i've simply used the curly label punch to add the decorative edge, as demonstrated by an Australian demo Alisa Tilsner here.

I can't quite believe it, but this was my 12th class since becoming a demonstrator - I'm not too sure where that time has raced away to, but to celebrate my 1st birthday as a demo, I think we'll have to have some blog candy this week, i'll have to go and have a rifle through some stash to find a prize, but check back later in the week to see what's up for grabs!

I'll also be celebrating with a 'Birthday Party' for my May class - all of the projects will be on a birthday theme and it'll be an all-day event including a party bag (with £25 of goodies), lunch, jelly & ice cream and possibly even 'pass the parcel' for £40. If you'd like to come along and join in the festivities then it'll be on Saturday 28th May from 10am-4pm, email me to book your place!

Speaking of parties, I followed class with my little friend Lydia's crafty birthday party for her & 12 friends - we used A LOT of glue, but they seemed to have fun and all went home with lots of hand-decorated goodies. I'll have to see if I can borrow some of Lydia's creations to photograph this week as I didn't get chance before the party. Yesterday was spent tidying up my craft room, which had got into quite a state last week with all of my preparations for the weekend, and then catching up on chores.

I've got several swaps to make for my team training session later this week, so I'll be back to share those later in the week, then I'm looking forward to starting the decorating, which will mean limited inky time over the next couple of weeks whilst we try and change the hallway landing and stairs from a shade of cherry cobbler to something more akin to crumb cake/sahara sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment