Thursday 30 June 2011

With Many Thanks

Good Morning All! hopefully you’ve all been enjoying the sunshine of late. Being the pale and pasty creature that I am, who burns at the sight of the sun (no I'm not a vampire!) I've taken the opportunity to hide in my craft room and make lots of projects in advance – it was too hot to do much else. So, I've managed to get myself a little bit ahead, sneak peeks of July’s class projects will be appearing here shortly, but firstly I’ve had a thank you card on my ‘to do’ list for a little while now. A lovely lady in the US recently helped me get hold of some CD folders, which I couldn't find over here for any love nor money. So I wanted to send her a card and a little something to say thank you for her kindness. Here’s the card….

thanks_elegantwhich uses the vine and sentiment from the vintage vogue stamp set, the ‘thanks’ is from the afterthoughts stamp set. I’ve used a colour combination of rose red, whisper white and basic black. the papers are the sweet and sour specialty DSP and I've embossed the vine using clear embossing powder on the base cardstock – you can just about see it in the photo. I’ll have to post a picture of the gift box later – the box was still drying when I left for work. I have to admit the DSP wasn't initially high on my list of things to buy from this catalogue, but some of the patterns are so elegant and pretty that I can’t believe I overlooked them!

Tomorrow I'll be taking part in a blog hop, organised by the lovely Anthea over on In Love With Stamping. We’ll be featuring colour combinations from the colour coach, be sure to pop by and join in the hops for lots of fabulous inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment