Wednesday 1 June 2011

Sail Away for Father’s Day

Morning All! It’s Wednesday already, we’re in June and another week’s simply flying by – I'll be onto Christmas prep before I know it (at least I should be now that we’re in June and I have an all day Christmas class in August!).

However, before I start unwrapping the baubles and playing the Christmas CDs, there is Father’s Day on the calendar. Some of the ladies at a recent workshop asked me to demonstrate ‘male’ cards. The new mini catalogue has provided us with a number of new masculine images, so I dug out ‘Sail Away’ and had a play with a nautical colour theme of Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake.

sail_away

The ‘waves’ were created with the curly label punch, the background textured using the square lattice embossing folder and the sentiment is taken from the level 2 hostess set ‘something to celebrate’. I added some gold brads and some bakers twine from my stash. Masculine cards are normally something I struggle with, but I quite enjoyed playing with this one, so I might dig out the motorcycle stamp this week and have a play with that too.

1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous Linz. Love the colours, the bakers twine and how you've created the waves with the curly label punch! I really struggle with male cards, but this one is really inspirational!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete